2020 Campus Activity Coordinator
USYD Camperdown Campus
- Flexible shifts on Camperdown campus to work around your study
- Gain valuable and practical paid events experience
- Help make the USYD campus experience the best in Australia!
WHO YOU ARE
You have a talent for running exciting and innovative events. You are energetic, enthusiastic and full of creative ideas.
We are looking for your innovative ideas. If you have any ideas about ways to engage and involve all members of the University community in exciting and innovative events on campus, apply now, this is your chance to put them into action!
The USU is looking for four passionate students to plan, develop and deliver events that make campus life more exciting for students. The role involves working with each other, the wider Student Programs team and other internal and external USU stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your event management skills and coordinate events you are passionate about – events that allow students to express themselves. Be involved in flagship events like International Festival as well as Wellness Week, Sustainability Week and Orientation activities.
This role will require commitment from the Casual Campus Activity Coordinator of (approximately) 10 hours per week beginning in November 2019 and ceasing in late October 2020.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders (such as students, members, USU employees and University staff) to develop annual program of events / Coordination of a range of campus events
- Assist in the coordination of marketing for events
- Assist with the development of content for festival and events
- Assist with the development of event briefs and run sheets
View the Position Description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position before applying.
To be considered for the position, you much include Supporting Material (maximum of two A4 pages and 2mb Word or PDF) outlining your ideas for two (2) on campus events targeting different interest areas (portfolios) as outlined on the first page of the Position Description. This material should cover, but not be limited to, the following areas:
- An outline of what you propose to do for each of the events: Tell us what you want to do and how each event will address the needs of its interest area for students on campus.
- Publicity and Promotion: Covering promotions to new and returning students, and external publicity. The USU has a Marketing Communications Department which takes care of publicity, public relations, advertising, sponsorship and communications, so this would be promotion in conjunction with those services and activities.
- Other institutions: Ways in which you hope to liaise with the University, the Koori Centre, Student’s Representative Council and SU Sport, SCASS and the Conservatorium and ways of involving them in each event.
- Accessibility and Inclusivity: Plans to promote these core values of the USU via the specific groups on campus and ways in which you hope to liaise with and include: international students, postgraduate students, part-time students, students with a disability, students with children, underage students, women, Queer groups.
PROJECTED HOURS OF THIS ROLE
In Semester: up to 10 hours per week Monday to Friday
- Experience in event planning
- Experience working within a set budget
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work flexible hours as occasional evening work may be required
- Available for an interview of approximately 20 minutes during Week 11 on Monday, 21 October 2019 between the hours of 10am and 2pm and/or Wednesday, 23 October 2019 between the hours of 12pm and 4pm.
- Current University of Sydney Student
- An active USU Membership. It’s FREE – join here!
- Understanding and experience of student organisations in a university environment
- Current NSW Provisional of above Driver's licence
$27.50 per hour + 9.5% superannuation
Short-listed Applicants must be available for an interview of approximately 20 minutes on Monday, 21 October 2019 between the hours of 10am and 2pm and/or Wednesday, 23 October 2019 between the hours of 12pm and 4pm. Please indicate your availability in the form below.
Successful applicants will be required to be available for a compulsory USU induction on Wednesday, 6th November 2019 and be available onwards to work.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: THURSDAY, 17th October 2019 AT 10AM
HOW TO APPLY
Applications submitted after the closing time will not be considered. Please give yourself ample time to submit your application electronically.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia for at least 10 hours a week to be eligible to apply for this role
- Read the position description
- Scroll down and complete our online application form below
- Attach a Cover Letter (maximum of 2 pages, in MS Word or PDF format only) addressing the selection criteria, referring to the Position Description, detailing why you wish to be a Campus Activity Coordinator and what you can offer the role.. Include the contact details of
- Attach an up to date Resume which much include the contact details of at least two recent references you reported directly to.
- Attach your Supporting Material.
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
You are advised to complete your application with the awareness that the events take place on and in venues which have significant environmental and heritage considerations in place.
Your application will be material will be kept on file and not returned to you. If we have your material on file, we may refer to it and/or consider you for other roles. Please indicate if would prefer that we not keep your material on file. Due to the volume of applications received, shortlisted applicants will be contacted within approximately 4 weeks of the role’s closing date (or 4 weeks from the date of application if there is no specified closing date).