2020 INCUBATE CONTENT COORDINATOR
USYD Camperdown Campus
- Invaluable paid experience while you study
- Professional and career learning and development
- Opportunity to be in a currently very relevant and versatile industry
WHO YOU ARE
You are enthusiastic about start-ups and entrepreneurship. You have excellent communication and social media skills. You are interested in journalism and content marketing and looking to gain practical and relevant experience in content creation and writing editor
ABOUT THE ROLE
The USU is seeking a person to assist the INCUBATE Community & Events Manager for the on-campus startup community. INCUBATE is the award-winning leading startup program supporting students, researchers and alumni at the University of Sydney. Read more about what INCUBATE does here!
In this role, you will:
- Develop leadership skills and leadership opportunities
- Gain unique work and communications experience
- Meet INCUBATE program mentors, sponsors and supporters
- Build a digital marketing experience
View the Position Description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position before applying.
- Draft content for communications on social media platforms
- Coordinate content contributors and gather content for the INCUBATE blog
- Work with the team to create themes and topics related to entrepreneurship
- Attend INCUBATE events and create content accordingly
- Engage relevant communities within the university
CONTRACT DURATION AND THE PROJECTED HOURS OF THIS ROLE
During Semester 1 2020 - Between Monday, 13th January 20 to Friday, 15th May 2020 this position will work approximately 10 hours per week. Additional hours may be required during busy periods.
*It is strongly recommended that no holidays be planned to coincide with the contract working period. Any potential holidays or exchange programs must be discussed with the Incubate Community & Events Manager before you commit to them.
- Current University of Sydney Student
- An active USU Membership. It’s FREE – join here!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in innovation, startups and entrepreneurship
- Computer proficiency
- Demonstrated knowledge of Office 365 and Google Suites (e.g. Doc, Sheets, Calendar, Drive)
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media platforms e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Proven ability to properly learn the use of new tools and / or software
- General understanding of USU and the University of Sydney
- Ability to commit a minimum of six months
- Available for an interview of approximately 20 minutes during week 13 of the Usyd Calendar i.e. Monday, 4 November 2019 between the hours of 9am and 4pm and/or Thursday, 7 November between the hours of 9am and 4pm
- Knowledge about startups and startup sector
- Experience in managing social media channels on behalf of a group and/or brand
- Experience in writing for publications or editing publications
- Event management experience
- Experience in student leadership (e.g. clubs, debates, volunteering)
- Involvement in entrepreneurship
- RSA qualification
- Experience in managing content list
- Experience managing industry towards university initiatives
- Knowledge in the following platforms or similar: Mailchimp, Trello, Slack, Eventbrite, Buffer
Hours of work: 10 hours per week
Salary: $4,298.40 p.a. + 9.5% Superannuation
Short-listed Applicants must be available for an interview of approximately 20 minutes duration on Monday, 4 November 2019 between the hours of 9am and 4pm and/or Thursday, 7 November between 9am-4pm 2019 between the hours of 9am and 4pm. Please indicate your availability on the Application Form when applying.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: MONDAY, 28th October 2019 AT 10AM
HOW TO APPLY
Applications submitted after the closing time will not be considered. Please give yourself ample time to submit your application electronically.
Out of consideration to other applicants, we cannot guarantee that applications received after the closing time will be considered, so we strongly suggest you give yourself ample time to submit your application electronically.
- Scroll down to complete the application form
- Attach your resume (maximum 2 pages in MS Word or PDF format only)
- Attach a Cover Letter (in MS Word or PDF format only – max 1mb) addressing the selection criteria, referring to the Position Description, stating what you can offer the position of Incubate Program Co-ordinator and why you are interested in the position
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
You are advised to complete your application with the awareness that the events take place on and in venues which have significant environmental and heritage considerations in place.
Your application will be material will be kept on file and not returned to you. If we have your material on file, we may refer to it and/or consider you for other roles. Please indicate if would prefer that we not keep your material on file.
Due to the volume of applications received, shortlisted applicants will be contacted within approximately 4 weeks of the role’s closing date (or 4 weeks from the date of application if there is no specified closing date).