Campus Activity Coordinator
Camperdown, Sydney, NSW
- Flexible shifts on Camperdown campus to work around your study
- Gain valuable and practical paid events experience
- Help make the USYD campus experience the best in Australia!
WHO YOU ARE
You have a talent for running exciting and innovative events. You are energetic, enthusiastic and full of creative ideas.
We are looking for your innovative ideas. If you have any ideas about ways to engage and involve all members of the University community in exciting and innovative events both on campus and online, apply now, this is your chance to put them into action!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The USU is looking for four passionate students to plan, develop and deliver events that make campus life more exciting for students. The role involves working with each other, the wider Student Programs team and other internal and external USU stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your event management skills. Coordinate events you are passionate about – events that allow students to express themselves. Be involved in the USU events like PopFest, USU Markets, Int Fest and Enviro Week!
This role will require commitment from the Casual Campus Activity Coordinator of (approximately) 10 hours per week beginning in January 2022 and ceasing in late October 2022. There is the potential that this may be extended by mutual agreement if the successful candidate performs well in the role.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders (such as students, members, USU employees and University staff) to develop annual program of events / Coordination of a range of campus and online events
- Assist in the coordination of marketing for events
View the Position Description carefully to assess your eligibility and suitability for the position before applying.
To be considered for the position, you must include Supporting Material (maximum of two A4 pages and 2mb Word or PDF) outlining your ideas for one (1) on campus event and one (1) digital event targeting different interest areas (portfolios) as outlined on the first page of the Position Description. This material should cover, but not be limited to, the following areas:
- An outline of what you propose to do for each of the events: Tell us what you want to do and how each event will address the needs of its interest area for students on campus.
- Publicity and Promotion: Covering promotions to new and returning students, and external publicity. The USU has a Marketing Communications Department which takes care of publicity, public relations, advertising, sponsorship and communications, so this would be promotion in conjunction with those services and activities.
- Other institutions: Ways in which you hope to liaise with the University, Student’s Representative Council and SU Sport, SCASS and the Conservatorium and ways of involving them in each event.
- Accessibility and Inclusivity: Plans to promote these core values of the USU via the specific groups on campus and ways in which you hope to liaise with and include: international students, postgraduate students, part-time students, remote-learning students, students with a disability, students with children, underage students, women, Queer groups.
EXPECTED START DATE AND PROJECTED HOURS PER WEEK
Commencing 10th January 2022, this position will work up to 10 hours per week Monday to Friday during the semester.
- Current University of Sydney Student
- An active USU Membership. It’s FREE – join here
- Experience in event planning
- Experience working within a set budget
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work flexible hours as occasional evening work may be required
- Understanding and experience of student organisations in a university environment
- Current NSW Provisional of above Drivers licence
$28.68 per hour + 10% superannuation
Short-listed Applicants must be available for an interview of approximately 20 minutes on Tuesday, 14 December 2021 between the hours of 9am to 4pm, and/or Thursday, 16 December 2021 between the hours of 9am to 4pm.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: MONDAY, 6 DECEMBER 2021 AT 10AM
HOW TO APPLY
The Health and Safety of our community is extremely important to us and so we ask that applicants are double vaccinated with a recognised COVID-19 vaccination and can show us their COVID-19 digital certificate or a medical contraindication exemption certificate.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
- Please read the position description here before applying.
- Attach a Cover Letter (max 2 pages, in MS Word or PDF format only) addressing the selection criteria, referring to the Position Description, detailing why you wish to be a Welcome Fest Event Coordinator and what you can offer the position
- Attach your resume (max 2 pages, in MS Word or PDF format only)
- Attach your Supporting Material (max 2 pages)
PLEASE NOTE: Once you have commenced your application you cannot save and continue at a later stage.
ABOUT THE USU
Founded in 1874, the USU (University of Sydney Union) is proudly Australia’s oldest and largest not-for-profit student organisation, dedicated to providing students with the best possible university experience.
Led by a student board elected by our members, the USU provides fun things on campus, such as festivals, events and parties. We also run an amazing array of programs, including an active volunteering program and a Language Exchange Program, to name a few. In addition, we support over 200 Clubs and Societies as well as operate bars, food and retail outlets across campus, providing great coffee, fresh affordable food, graduation gown hire and official USYD merchandise.
We are committed to promoting a workplace of equal opportunities. We promote healthy living and aims to protect the health and safety of staff, members and visitors to the University by providing a Smoke-Free Workplace. We do not accept unsolicited agency applications.
Due to the volume of applications received, shortlisted applicants will be contacted within approximately 4 weeks of the role’s closing date (or 4 weeks from the date of application if there is no specified closing date).